Naruto Junkies, Prove Your Existence!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto discussion site! Anime, Manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One of my guilty pleasures...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ninjarific
Akatsuki
ninjarific

Female Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2006-05-23

One of my guilty pleasures... Empty
PostSubject: One of my guilty pleasures...   One of my guilty pleasures... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 11:43 pm

...is reading Laurell K. Hamilton novels. They are, by no means, literary masterpieces, but they're damned fun and super easy to fly through! She has two series that are running at the moment.

One is the Anita Blake series. Wikipedia sums up the genre thusly: "The initial Anita Blake novels were usually classified as crime fiction, alternate history (a subset of science fiction), fantasy, or horror." But, as the series progresses, it gets pretty steamy and sometimes they're referred to as 'supernatural erotica'. They really do have all the fun elements that you'd expect from this kind of genre, too. There's vampires, werewolves&other kinds of shapeshifters, necromancy, magic, a tough as nails (pardon the cliche term) leading lady, just enough twists and surprises to keep you interested without being too convoluted and a pretty yummy air of sexual tension.

There's also the Merry Gentry series. It's about a faerie princess turned private investigator. These ones are pretty much loaded down with hot men and even hotter sex scenes. But, they do have an actual running plot, I promise!

So, yeah. There's that. Like I said, though, these books really are just a guilty pleasure. I'm sometimes almost ashamed of myself for reading them, but I just can't stop! *falls over*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjarific
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

Male Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2006-05-22

PostSubject: Re: One of my guilty pleasures...   One of my guilty pleasures... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am

Wow, now there's a serious lifestyle change Faerie Princess to Private Investigator!
Back to top Go down
nefarious_hippo
Genin
nefarious_hippo

Female Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: One of my guilty pleasures...   One of my guilty pleasures... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 9:20 pm

So, are these books set in modern reality with fictional kinds of people? (faeries, vampires, werewolves and such using the internets and sipping coffee while they talk on their bluetooth phones!) Also, are there characters in the stories that are just regular folks?

I'm just curious. They don't sound like your run-of-the-mill romance/fantasy/mystery novels. They actually sound like something I might like to read. I like a mix of fantasy with my reality. Throw in a little dirty on the side and I may have a cure for my problem with reading putting me to sleep. ^_^
Back to top Go down
ninjarific
Akatsuki
ninjarific

Female Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: One of my guilty pleasures...   One of my guilty pleasures... EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 12:13 am

Oh yeah! Absolutely. It's not like futuristic or high fantasy or anything. It's just a regular modern day setting with some irregular types milling around. And, your everyday humans as well.

I'll absolutely give you the first couple of them to check out and if you dig on them, I'll hook you up with all the ones I have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjarific
nefarious_hippo
Genin
nefarious_hippo

Female Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: One of my guilty pleasures...   One of my guilty pleasures... EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 10:22 pm

That sounds sweet. I have a stack of manga on my counter that I'm supposed to be reading, but I would terribly enjoy some variety for when I'm disinterested in picture books. ^_^
Back to top Go down
NarutoJunkie
Admin
NarutoJunkie

Female Number of posts : 1335
Registration date : 2006-05-22

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: One of my guilty pleasures...   One of my guilty pleasures... EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 1:18 am

You better start reading those damn books!!! I breezed through GGG in 2 days!! $50 for 2 day of reading... that is sooooo bad!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/naruto_junkie
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of my guilty pleasures...   One of my guilty pleasures... Empty

Back to top Go down

One of my guilty pleasures...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Junkies, Prove Your Existence! :: Entertainment :: Books And Reading-
Jump to: