Naruto Junkies, Prove Your Existence!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto discussion site! Anime, Manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Life and Times Of Harry Potter

Go down 
+3
HellBent
Jakotsu
slipsour001
7 posters
AuthorMessage
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

Male Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2006-05-22

The Life and Times Of Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 3:59 pm

So, I'm sitting here reading the last Harry Potter novel, Deathly Hallows, and I'm kinda curious if anyone is reading it as well, or am I just a nerd. I also figured I'd start a thread were we could discuss the Harry Potter books in more detail, because I enjoy them, and thats all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Jakotsu
Admin
Jakotsu

Male Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2006-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 4:56 pm

Harry dies.

I got the last one on Saturday night, and finished it Sunday. Fucking amazon said it was UPS so I waited until 5PM then went to the mailbox to find it there. I was so fucking pissed.

I'm going to spoil everything when I start talking about it, so I'll wait until you're done.

I don't remember much from the other books, but I'm rereading them.
Back to top Go down
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 12:50 pm

I just finished Deathly Hallows, and FUCKING HELL MAN!! I have to say that I was very satisified with the ending. I feel that some things were left to the imagination that I would have loved to know about, but oh well.

PS
Jak, you're a scandalous bastard, and I love you for it!
Back to top Go down
HellBent
HellBent

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2006-05-29

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 8:18 pm

I finally just started reading it. So far, so good. I haven't heard any complaints about it.
Back to top Go down
Lee
Akatsuki

Female Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 1:22 am

I will ban you if you post spoilers again.

Jak
Back to top Go down
Jakotsu
Admin
Jakotsu

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 1:54 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/
http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156

Interview where she tells more about what happened to everyone.
Back to top Go down
ninjarific
Akatsuki
ninjarific

Female Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2006-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 10:44 pm

Finally finished it. It was fantabulous! And, it put me right back into my HP fangirl frame of mind.

Word to you for the links, Jak. It seems you aren't a complete waste of space after all. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjarific
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 12:06 pm

Yes, he does have his uses. . . .

Speaking of being used, I'm feeling some costumes Mel, I'll be harry and you be my Ginny!!!
Back to top Go down
NarutoJunkie
Admin
NarutoJunkie

Female Number of posts : 1335

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 3:30 pm

HAHA that is just wrong... although.. she is short.. and red headed... hahahahaha ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/naruto_junkie
ninjarific
Akatsuki
ninjarific

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 3:04 pm

This is true!

But, uhm, Brandon....could you maybe pretend to be Snape instead? I love a good anti-hero! *laughs*
Back to top Go down
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 10:26 am

Ok, if you insist. But I get to be in charge! You're the student I'm the teacher.
Back to top Go down
NarutoJunkie
Admin
NarutoJunkie

Female Number of posts : 1335

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 4:00 pm

wow... just wow.. that's all i can say!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/naruto_junkie
Menow
Admin
Menow

Female Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2006-09-26

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 7:23 pm

Ebisu

I started reading it Wednesday, finished it by Thursday morning (got about 3 hours of sleep). I couldn't put it down. I must say though, I was a little dissapointed in the epilogue though.
Back to top Go down
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 10:00 am

Me as well, I thought that she left too many questions unanswered, like . . . .

Spoiler:

What the hell does Harry do for a living?? Is he a teacher?? Is he the minister of magic?? Headmaster?? Auror?? what?!?!?!

Back to top Go down
Jakotsu
Admin
Jakotsu

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:01 pm

Did you even bother reading the interview I poster?

[spoiler]Harry and Ron become Aurors, and Hermoine becomes the legal head of the ministry or something close to that.
Back to top Go down
ninjarific
Akatsuki
ninjarific

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 1:13 am

I really liked the live web chat interview type deal. It was all kinds of informative. J.K. Rowling explains quite a lot in it. She mentions that she had one ending in mind(or maybe even written), but she felt like she had 'crowbarred' in too much information and so she chose to give the current ending a more poetic, sort of abstract feel.

I actually enjoyed the ending. It felt, to me, that if she had poured too many details into the last chapter, even to fully wrap it up, it would have taken away from the amazing crescendo of events that were years in the making. The end really did leave me reeling and feeling sort of dreamy. Like I'd just stepped out of a Pensieve.

Er, just ignore that nerdy bit at the end there. Couldn't be helped.
Back to top Go down
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 11:19 am

We forgive you, and love you for you nerdiness!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times Of Harry Potter   The Life and Times Of Harry Potter Empty

Back to top Go down

The Life and Times Of Harry Potter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Junkies, Prove Your Existence! :: Entertainment :: Books And Reading-
Jump to: