Naruto Junkies, Prove Your Existence!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto discussion site! Anime, Manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ninjarific
Akatsuki
ninjarific

Female Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2006-05-23

Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyThu Jul 27, 2006 2:34 am

I'll be playing the part of the dutiful moderator for a bit. I totally agree that one of the best things about this forum is the fact that you can literally talk about anything you want and that there aren't many restrictions. And that you're welcome to stray off the set topics into new and insane realms of conversation. And now that Nancy added the Ichiraku Ramen Shop we have a place to stray!

I was thinking that when we feel like branching off into a new topic from an already set topic - or comment made in a set topic - that we can just label a new topic in the Ichiraku and go from there. (Unless of course you just wanna make some small random comment.) So if you want to respond to a comment made by someone in a thread with something that is off-topic from that particular thread's set topic then you simply start a thread in Ichiraku. And let's say you want to make sure people know what comment from which person in which particular thread, you can just have a heading like this:
"Repsonse to ninjarific's comment in Naruto Manga." But that's just for example, feel absolutely free to do it anyway you like.

The reason we're trying to reign in the commenting is for the sake of new members. As people start to join, we want it to be as easy as possible to navigate through previous comments. Also, to not feel like they're jumping into a personal conversation with a bunch of crazies that already know each other. *laughs* So they know that if they want to read up on the latest opinions from other Naruto lovers about the manga...they can go to the manga thread. But, if they just want to throw out some random comments and make some new online friends (or just read our ravings) they know they can head to the Ichiraku. Just to have some semblance of sanity and flow.

And I know I'm totally guilty of picking up a comment from a thread and just running in a whole new direction with it, so I really don't want it to seem like I'm trying to act high and mighty with any of this. I just thought I'd try to live up to the status Nancy so generously bestowed upon me (after much drunken begging and bouncing around and squeeling about how cool it'd be) and try to steer the conversations back on track.

*bows* Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjarific
Qualm
Ninja
Qualm

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2006-06-03

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyThu Jul 27, 2006 2:56 am

Iagree here here, that'll help out a bunch with the navigating. Iagree
also if we do decide to go offtopic to the Ichiraku, another good idea would be to just post in the thread something like "I'm continueing with this topic in the Ramen shop." just to let everyone know who reads the original post theres more talk about it elsewhere.
Hooray for NarutoJunkies Growth!! robot
Back to top Go down
http://pcshockr.deviantart.com
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

Male Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2006-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyFri Jul 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Hey good luck with that Melissa, I have three macical words the doctor tells me is called ADD, but don't worry, I'm gonna try my best. Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jakotsu
Admin
Jakotsu

Male Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2006-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyFri Jul 28, 2006 5:36 pm

Too long to read, make a dumb version for me ^_^
Back to top Go down
NarutoJunkie
Admin
NarutoJunkie

Female Number of posts : 1335

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyFri Jul 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Hey dummy... dont' stray off topic..if you do go to the ramen shop...

good enough?? ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/naruto_junkie
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

Male Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyFri Jul 28, 2006 5:42 pm

Gotta love Nancy and her Effectiveness! Even if it is harsh, it is effective. Clap
Back to top Go down
NarutoJunkie
Admin
NarutoJunkie

Female Number of posts : 1335

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyFri Jul 28, 2006 5:43 pm

LOL well he asked for it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/naruto_junkie
Jakotsu
Admin
Jakotsu

Male Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2006-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyFri Jul 28, 2006 6:12 pm

That was too complex, dumberer please
Back to top Go down
ninjarific
Akatsuki
ninjarific

Female Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2006-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! EmptyFri Jul 28, 2006 6:23 pm

*smacks Jak in the mouth* Ya gotta speak his language. KKthumbsups
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjarific
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!   Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read! Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcement: Off-topic guidelines. Please read!
Page 1 of 1